While Walmart operates over 10,600 stores worldwide under 46 banners in 24 countries including eCommerce websites — some may be unfamiliar with Walmart neighborhood market as they are small and more targeted stores.
Reportedly, the Walmart neighborhood is strictly located in urban areas and is one-fifth the size of Walmart supercenter.
Let’s understand the Walmart neighborhood (mostly everything) like when they open, where they are located, what services they offer, and how they differ from regular Walmart and Walmart Supercenter.
What Is Walmart Neighborhood Market?
Walmart Neighborhood market is also known as Green Walmart.
These stores are small in size and tend to sell targeted items such as groceries and pharmacies. At the Walmart neighborhood, you could expect to buy only grocery items and pharmacy stuff for humans and animals.
The service mode can be both online and offline. This means, buyers can order goods from Walmart neighborhood grocery stores online or by visiting in-store.
In addition to this, if you are a Walmart+ member, you would get exceptional service benefits. Some include:
- Free same day delivery.
- Same low prices as in-store.
- Express Pickup available for a low fee.
- Order as often as you want without delivery charges.
Besides, some Walmart neighborhood market stores also offer bakery, deli, and liquor items.
How Many Neighborhood Walmarts Are In The US?
Specifically, there are 781 Neighborhood Walmart Stores in the United States.
Alternatively, Walmart supercenter counts to 3,572 and 364 for discount stores in the U.S.
What Items Does Neighborhood Market Have?
These stores are micro versions of Walmart supercenters which are smaller and offer targeted items.
Here’s the list of items you would expect to buy from your nearest neighborhood market.
- Frozen foods
- Fresh produce
- Dry goods
- Deli foods
- Bakery items
- Neats and dairy products
- Condiments and spices
- Household essentials
- Health and wellness products
- Pet supplies
The availability may depend on Walmart’s business decisions and policies.
Also read: What is Walmart Call Out Number
Is Walmart Neighborhood Similar To Walmart Supercenter?
The answer is NO.
However, the arrangements and service offering might be similar to expectations in both.
Coming to products, Walmart supercenter hosts large and (in variety) of goods at low prices. Whereas, green Walmart stores have higher prices due to inflation and small stocks of goods.
You might also experience uniqueness in customers time and billing methodology compared to Walmart supercenters.
Differences Between Walmart Inc., Supercenters, & Neighborhood Markets
Here are the notable distinctions between the three entities:
- Walmart Inc. is owned by the descendants of the Walton family with 50 percent of the shares.
- While the other two entities fall under the split of Walmart Inc.
- Walmart Inc. has its headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas state.
- The first Walmart Supercenter was inaugurated in Washington, Missouri.
- The first Walmart neighborhood store was opened in Bentonville, Ark.
- Walmart Inc. got incorporated in 1969.
- Walmart supercenter opened its first door in 1988.
- Ten years later, in 1998, Walmart neighborhood market opened.
- Walmart Inc. is a downsized entity.
- Whereas, Walmart supercenters incorporate large sizes.
- Compared to supercenters, Walmart neighborhood markets are smaller.
- Walmart offers millions of products through its website across the globe.
- Walmart supercenters offer full-services supermarkets and merchandise at low prices.
- Walmart neighborhood stores offer less products at high prices.
Originally Published on The Tech Trend